Welcome to OSPA
Founded in 1889, the Oregon State Pharmacy Association is a community of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and those who have an interest in advancing the practice of pharmacy.
- The 8th DEA National Prescription Drug Take-Back Event - posted 4/17/2014
*The National Prescription Drug Take-Back is on April 26th from 10am-2pm. Local law enforcement agencies and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will be working together to hold the 8th Drug Take-Back Day. This event will allow citizens to dispose of unwanted, expired or unused prescription drugs (only pills or patches are accepted). The service is free and anonymous, with no questions asked. The last national event held in October 2013 established 4,114 collection sites and received 324 tons of prescription drugs from the community.
*This initiative addresses both public safety and public health issues. Unused prescription drugs provide an opportunity for diversion, misuse and abuse. Medications in the home are a leading cause of accidental poisonings. Inappropriate disposal of medications in the home may disrupt our water sources or may be diverted. Therefore, proper removal of medications from the home may help to prevent accidental overdoses and abuse of prescription drugs. This National Take-Back event provides a mechanism for patients to safely dispose of medications.
*The Collection Site Locator can be used to identify a location participating in the Take-Back Event in your area. Get more information at http://1.usa.gov/P9EzM2
- Call for JAPhA Editorial Advisory Board volunteers - posted 11/22/2013
The publisher and editors of the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association invite interested APhA members from pharmacy practice, research, education, industry, and related fields to apply for 10 available positions on the JAPhA Editorial Advisory Board (EAB). The term of service is 3 years, beginning at APhA2014 in Orlando, FL (March 28-31).
Responsibilities of EAB members are to:
* Act as a core group of peer reviewers for submitted manuscripts.
* Serve as consultants to the editors about proposed changes or new directions in journal content and format or in the processes (e.g., peer review) and policies associated with journal production
* Participate on ad hoc subcommittees to examine specific questions and suggest solutions.
* Prepare informal critiques of each issue and suggest areas needing improvement.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and current curriculum vitae by December 16, 2013, to JAPhA Editor-in-Chief Andy Stergachis, PhD, BPharm, at email@example.com. For more information, contact the editor at 206-221-0703.
- The National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) task groups are seeking volunteers to participate. Task group participation is open to NCPDP members and non-members alike. - posted 11/22/13
- October 2013 OSPA Newsletter - posted 10/31/2013
- Deadline Extended to July 31, 2013 - OSPA Call For Awards Nominations - posted 7/12/13
- GAO report to Congress on Electronic Drug Labeling - posted 7/11/2013
- NCPA: Oregon Governor Signs Comprehensive Pharmacy Bill That Benefits Patients and Small Businesses - posted 7/11/2013
- Heparin label changes article for distribution to members – posted 5/30/2013
- HB 2123 amendment - PBM registration, audit provisions and MAC pricing appeals - posted 5/15/13
- APhA’s Blog referencing the "10 things your drugstore won't say" article - posted 3/26/2013
- PCAN Partnership - Click here to sign on to this coalition to help promote cost-effective, efficient and sensible solutions for Medicaid pharmacy policy - posted 3/25/2013
- The Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) has recently released its February 2013 issue of Needle Tips, for healthcare professionals who administer vaccines. Also available is Vaccinate Adults, a shortened version of Needle Tips, modified for those who work only with adult patients - posted 3/21/2013
- PTCB Extends March Recertification Deadline until April 30. Click here to renew today - posted 3/18/2013
- CMS will be hosting several webinars on the Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program - posted 2/1/2013
- FR ACA Proposed Regulations Announcement - posted 2/1/2013
- Survey: Medicare Beneficiaries Oppose Mandatory Mail Drug Plans- posted 2/1/2013
- New Copays for TRICARE Pharmacy Customers starting February 2013- posted 2/1/2013
- Alert -- New USP Label Standard for Heparain Products - posted 1/21/2013
- Tamiflu Oral Suspension Compounding Instructions Available From FDA - posted 1/17/2013
- 2012-2013 Influenza Season: Information for Pharmacists - posted 1/17/2013
- Pharmacists employ grassroots efforts to officially recognize pharmacists as healthcare providers - posted 1/7/2013
- APhA Immunization Champion Awards Nominations Due November 30th - posted 11/13/2012
- OSPA Announces 2012 Scholarship Award Winners - posted 11/9/2012
* For previous postings please click here.
The purpose of the Oregon State Pharmacy Association is to assure the viability of the profession of pharmacy in part by promoting the competency of the practitioners and maximizing the pharmacists' contribution to patient care, as well as increasing the awareness of these contributions and capabilities and their values, not only to the profession, but also to other health care organizations and, in particular, to their patients.
- Procrastinator's CE Day
May 3, 2014
OMEF Conference Center
11740 SW 68th Parkway
- APhA Immunization Certification Training
May 3, 2014
OMEF Conference Center
11740 SW 68th Parkway
- SAVE THE DATE - MORE INFO COMING SOON!
Annual Convention & Trade Show
November 7-9, 2014
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
1401 SW Naito Pkwy.